The Australasian Off Road Vehicle Association is a not for profit association that forms a consolidated body for ATV and SSV users working for a healthy future for our chosen recreation. AORVA Members
Our membership of ATV, SSV and other Off Road Vehicle enthusiasts co-ordinate with industry to present our wishes to organisations and various levels of Government to achieve greater riding location access in all states of Australia.
Individual and family recreation with positive social experiences.
Outdoor recreation that fosters a responsible way of life.
Recreation that repairs personal stress and improves the ‘work / life’ balance.
Healthy outdoor physical activity for a diverse range of peoples interests, physical abilities and ages.
Recreation that appreciates and respects Australia’s unique natural environment.
TO CONVEY A POSITIVE IMAGE AND CONTRIBUTE TO THE SUSTAINABILITY OF MY RECREATION.
As an AORVA Member, I commit to the AORVA Member Code of Conduct to ensure operator safety, public safety and environmental protection.
RESPECTING REGULATIONS BY:
- Operating under the appropriate permits for ORV use, being properly licensed according to State Government requirements and ensuring currency of registration and holding the appropriate operators license;
- Obey notices, signs and rules of relevant authorities and Park Management and respecting speed limits;
- Ride/drive only on formed management roads or authorised areas designated for recreational use (RVA's);
RESPECTING THE ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER USERS BY:
- Inspecting my vehicle before use, making sure it is clean and in good working order, following the ORV Manufacturer's Operator's Manual and safety label recommendations;
- Respecting other users of trails (hikers, horse riders, cyclists, etc.) as well as local residents, and respecting natural areas, flora and fauna, crops and properties near the trails I operate my vehicle on;
- Minimising the impact of my presence to preserve the state of the trails and their surroundings;
- Taking the necessary equipment with me to pick up my litter and record trail information for reporting to authorities;
RIDING / DRIVING RESPONSIBLY BY:
- Never operate my ORV whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and do not carry any passenger under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Never allow Children to operate an Adult size ORV's;
- Travel at speeds appropriate to conditions, and slow down at intersections;
- Taking along communication devices (eg: mobile phone) and safety / breakdown equipment (recovery / repair kit, etc.), preparing my itinerary before I set off and communicating it to people close to me;
- Wear an Australian Standard AS 1698 approved helmet whilst riding / driving / passenger and wearing personal protective equipment which should include protective eye wear, sturdy footwear, gloves, long sleeved shirts and trousers.